America’s Most Trusted Mosquito and Tick Control Company Expands to New Territory
Mosquito Squad, the largest and most trusted mosquito and tick control franchise in North America, announced today the launch of its first location in Puerto Rico. Owned by Simon Benus, Mosquito Squad of Puerto Rico East will provide mosquito and tick protection to San Juan and other municipalities beginning Wednesday, March 29.
“I am thrilled to be joining the Mosquito Squad family and introducing the brand to Puerto Rico, a country that is brimming with economic development from small businesses and entrepreneurs just like me,” said Benus. “The mosquito and tick populations and associated viruses such as Zika, Dengue and Chikungunya have grown exponentially in Puerto Rico and has been a large problem for the residents of Puerto Rico over the past several years. Our goal is to educate homeowners in San Juan on how to take a proactive approach to mosquito and tick elimination so that they can enjoy outdoor living in comfort.”
Before joining the Mosquito Squad family, Benus worked in the hotel industry for more than a decade. He earned his Masters of Business Administration from the University of Miami and specializes in project management, customer service and accounting. The entrepreneur has been looking to start his own business for years, and with Puerto Rico’s substantial mosquito population year-round, he was drawn to Mosquito Squad and its franchised structure.
Mosquito Squad uses the latest EPA-registered mosquito control barrier treatments, larvicide and all-natural substances to eliminate mosquitoes from yards and outdoor spaces. The brand protects families (and pets) from the nuisance and danger of mosquitoes and ticks by offering top-of-the-line services that help customers take back their yards, including:
- Mosquito Control Barrier Protection- Acclaimed, trusted and dependable mosquito control solution that eliminates mosquitoes on contact and provides residual protection for up to 3 weeks
- All-Natural Protection- Made up of essential oils, a non-synthetic treatment that is the ideal alternative for mosquito control
- Automatic Misting Systems- Continuous mosquito control
- Special Event Treatments- Barrier treatment applied about 24-48 hours prior to guests arrival that includes extra protection against biting, stinging insects
- Tick Control- Effective blend of barrier treatment and tick tubes to eliminate ticks before they can get to you
Founded in 2005 and proud sponsor of Malaria No More, Mosquito Squad specializes in eliminating mosquitoes and ticks from outdoor living spaces so that homeowners can enjoy their yards, and outdoor living and dining spaces. Since Mosquito Squad’s partnership with Malaria No More, a nonprofit global health organization with the goal of ending malaria deaths in Africa, they have raised more than $300,000 to help fuel the fight against malaria.